Hello,
                 I am developing  a HTTP client and I use Jakarta Tomcat.  I
 read on the web that I can use a statement like [see below] to set a
 cookie on the client.

<META HTTP-EQUIV='Refresh' CONTENT='1; URL=example.com'>

How does the server pass information like session-id to be stored in the
cookie without explicitly using any set-cookie,[key,value] pairs ?

Rather how do I trap the session-ids in my client C++ program that the
browser would have actually used to create the cookie ?

Any help would be appreciated.

I am not sure if posting Linux Web Development questions is a appropriate
use of this mailing list. Sorry if it is not.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
-Aravind.

Aravindan Raghuveer