If my memory serves me correctly, that function does not work in WebLogic
when the EAR is not expanded.  Please chime in, those of you who are using
WebLogic currently.  To search for things in the classpath you need to
expand the EAR or use ServletContext.getResourceAsStream().  However, I'm
still not sure the root directory of an EAR is in the class path.

By the way, expanding the EAR is a manual process with WebLogic, as far as I
know.

Mike