On Monday 03 March 2003 12:50 pm, Ben Bargabus wrote:
> Last I checked there wasn't one (it was a few years ago though).  That
> makes sense if you think about it, Access only runs on Windows and ODBC
> is present on every copy of Windows so when you need to interact with
> Access just use the JDBC to ODBC bridge (sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver).
> Thinking over that a bit more I suppose it may be a problem if you are
> emulating Windows on Linux, I don't know if ODBC works in that
> scenario.  All my Linux boxes have been just Linux, no emulation, so
> someone with more experience in that area may want to chime in about
> ODBC support.
> Later,
> Ben.

What type of JDBC driver? I assume Type 4?

Add to that most (all?) JDBC Type 4 drivers are multi-threaded and Access is
not. From personal experience Access is a terrible back-end to any web
application, if that is what your are developing.

The "best" tool I've used is commerial and is from Easysoft as is called
JDBC-ODBC http://www.easysoft.com/products/2003/main.phtml

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500