On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 01:28, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Anyone playing with jdk-1.4 java.nio.* packages?
>
> It looks like these packages provide synchronous I/O multiplexing, just like a
> unix select(2).
>
> This would rock since I've had to implement this sort of stuff as threads in the
> past.

I intend to implement my StreamModule system (
http://www.omnifarious.org/StrMod ) in Java sometime soon because of
this.  Until they added that one feature, I always considered Java a toy
language when it came to serious network programming.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton
-- Eric Hopper (hopper at omnifarious.org
http://www.omnifarious.org/~hopper) --