I played around with Forte a few months ago and was not impressed at all.  I
stuck with Emacs augmented with JSwat.  But then again, I've never been
impressed with any IDE enough to switch from Emacs.  VAJava has a nice
debugger though... too bad the rest of it is shite.

I liked JSwat enough to take the time to submit some code.  It's a really
nice piece of Open Source.

Mike