> This is old news by now but lilo isn't restricted to the first 8GB
> anymore.

If you are referring to the LBA/cylinder translation, that's true - the last
version I used was just a tad quirky.   It left a bad taste with me.   It is
still safer to place the boot files within that limit last I heard.

Admittedly, I haven't kept up with LILO in about a year and a half.  Often I
use an alpha, so no LILO is involved.  My only remaining intel linux box is a
dual boot using LOADLIN.

Typically, I end up reinstalling Windows every 6-8 months, so it is a matter
of convience.

Good news for LILO fans.  Thanks for the info.

Laters,
T.J.