It should work fine with Win2K.  Like I said before, I got it to work with WinXP, Win98, and Red Hat 7.2 following the HOW-TO I referenced before.  If it works with XP's boot loader and with NT 4's boot loader, I can't see why it wouldn't work with W2K.  They all use ntldr, ntdetect.com, and boot.ini.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Larmour
Cc: tclug-devel at mn-linux.org
Sent: 11/16/01 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL] Red Hat Linux 7.2 and Win 2000- Dual Bootsystem

WARNING: win2k boot loader may be different than NT boot loader.  I have
set up several
systems to dual boot using NT's loader, and have NOT been able to do the
same with early
releases of win2k.

"Hvidsten, Leif" wrote:

> > You can probably get w2k to load Linux, but it is probably more
> > of a pain than it is worth (their bootloader is designed to boot MS
> > OSes). Both GRUB and LILO can handle that job (I have only
> > used LILO, but I hear good things about GRUB).
>
> I use the NT Boot loader to load Win98, WinXP, and Red Hat 7.2.  For
this to work, when installing Red Hat, you must specify your root
partition as the boot device and leave the Master Boot Record alone.

> Look here for help on this kind of setup:
>
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/Linux+NT-Loader.html
>
> PRIVACY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain business
disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If this e-mail was not
intended for you, please notify the sender by reply e-mail that you
received this in error.  Destroy all copies of the original message and
attachments.