Bill Gladen wrote:

> I've used it a little.
>
> getInputStream and getOutputStream get stdout and stdin, respectively,
> which always seems a little bit backward to me ( just the naming, not
> the direction ).
>
> You can read the data that comes in on the stream and put it somewhere
> useful.  I've often wished for a InputStreamToOutputStreamBridge, but
> as far as I know, you have to do it yourself.
>
> Hope this answered the question you asked.

I was getting confused on the different forms of exec and how to pass
commands through it.  I thought that the commands had to be passed to
the String array but another gentleman showed me how to invoke a command
with all options from a single String.  I now just call a shell script
passing it parameters from the Java exec and let it do th rsync work.

Thank you for your time.

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect