The Twin Cities System Administrators (TCSA) group meets monthly to
discuss topics of interest to system and network administrators in
the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.  The meetings are free and open to
the public.  Check out our web site at http://www.tcsa.org/

TCSA meetings are on the third Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm.

-----

Next Meeting:

  Topic:	GFS and LVM: A Cluster File System and Volume Manager
			for Linux and beyond
  Speaker:	Matthew O'Keefe, Founder and CTO, Sistina Software, Inc.
  Date/Time:	June 20, 2002  7:00 pm
  Location:	University Technology Center (Sistina)

Synopsis:

  GFS (the Global File System) and LVM (Linux Logical Volume
  Manager) provide a cluster file system and volume manager
  for Linux.  This talk will detail technical internals and
  key applications for clustered storage using GFS and LVM,
  discuss future directions, and focus on why storage area
  networks and cluster file systems represent a better way
  to design server infrastructure.

We will meet at Sistina Headquarters in the University Technology
Center, 1313 5th Street SE, Suite 111, Minneapolis, MN 55414.

Tentative Meeting Schedule

  July 18, 2002
  August 15, 2002

Directions:

  Sistina's headquarters are located in the University Technology
  Center, only a few miles northeast of the central business district of
  Minneapolis.

  The Sistina office is at the University Technology Center, 1313
  5th Street SE, Suite 111.

       Sistina Software, Inc.
       University Technology Center
       1313 5th Street SE, Suite 111
       Minneapolis, MN 55414
       http://www.sistina.com/

  - From the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport:

  1. Exit the airport using I494 West/Minnesota Highway 5 West ramp
  2. Merge onto Interstate 494
  3. Exit on MN 77 North, exit number 2B
  4. Proceed on MN 77 North to the MN 62 W exit
  5. Take MN 62 West to Interstate 35W North heading toward downtown
     Minneapolis
  6. Take I-35W North just past the downtown area and exit on University
     Avenue (Exit Number 18 - keep right at the fork in the ramp)
  7. Merge onto SE University Avenue
  8. Turn Left onto 14th Avenue SE 9. Turn Left onto Fifth Street SE

  - From Downtown Minneapolis:

  1. Take Washington Avenue to 35W North
  2. Take 35W North and exit on University Avenue (Exit Number 18 - keep
     right at the fork in the ramp)
  3. Merge onto SE University Avenue
  4. Turn Left onto 14th Avenue SE
  5. Turn Left onto Fifth Street SE

  - From St. Paul:

  1. Take Interstate 35E north from Downtown St. Paul to MN Highway 36
  2. Take Highway 36 west (stay to the left as it merges with
     Interstate 35W)
  3. Exit I-35W at University Ave/Fourth Street Exit
  4. Proceed to the second stop light after exiting (Fourth Street SE)
  5. Turn Left onto Fourth Street SE
  6. Turn Left onto 14th Avenue SE
  7. Turn Left onto Fifth Street SE

For more information on TCSA, check out our web site:

  http://www.tcsa.org/

To subscribe to the TCSA or TCSA-JOBS mailing lists, follow the TCSA
or TCSA-JOBS link from:

  http://list.onvoy.com/

For any other information, please send email to:

  info at tcsa.org

or contact:

  Dave Bianchi	651-260-1770

--