Hi All,

I'm currently using 2 500G SATA drives for my backups at the office.
Every morning I plug them in and bacula copies all of it's backup media
onto them.  Lately I've been getting a lot of problems with them.  The
SATA card is a Silicon Image SiI 3512 using the sata_sil driver.

I'm assuming it's the card that is failing.  I've had IO errors in
bacula, but a power cycle of the drive will fix it.  I have udev set up
to add aliases for the drives, and attach the dm-crypt luks encryption
automatically, and sometimes the luks system can't open the partition.
I've also seen times that after plugging in the drive it won't show up
at all in /proc/partitions, and these are getting much more common, and
usually requires me to reboot the whole system.

These used to happen about once every three months so it wasn't much of
an issue, but now I'm rebooting once a week.  I have the same sata_sil
card at home, and have never had a problem with it, but I also haven't
done any hot swapping on that system.

Given how I have everything set up, does anyone have any recommendations
  for a good pci sata card that can handle hot swap?

Thanks,
Chris Frederick