I don't use a debugger much lately, command line interface is not
so great when you don't use it enough to recall the command set.
And the command set on gdb is overwhelming to me.
The "ddd" program is a nice alternative.  A X gui, runs on gdb,
RH has rpms.  Point and click.  It will show the gdb commands
and I think you can type them in directly too.  Works great for
the three or four times a year I need to use a debugger.