On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 07:17:51AM -0600, Tom Howard wrote:
> I'm just getting started w/Linux and am having no luck trying to
> configure my computer to hook up to the internet.  I'm running Red Hat &
> other versions, and jockeying two modems around trying to find a
> connection.     I can bring my computer to someone in the Twin Cities
> area, if there is someone from whom I could purchase some basic
> technical assistance.  Thanks, Tom

First off, you'll get better response to this type of question
from the regular TCLUG list, than from the TCLUG development
list, which deals more with programming questions and has fewer
people subscribed.  For this reason, I'm sending this message to
both lists.  If you're not already subscribed to the TCLUG list,
you might want to join.

Second off, I'm sure some one will be able to give you a hand,
but it would be helpful if you provided some more information.
A few pieces of information you might want to supply: the version
of Red Hat (and whatever other distributions you've tried), the
model of computer you're trying to install on, the brands and
models of the modems you've tried, the tool within Red Hat you're
trying to use to set up the modem connection, and the ISP you're
trying to connect to.

There's probably more info that would be useful, but you get the
idea.