On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 01:24:43PM -0600, Chris McKinley wrote:

> 1) Nothing is ever inserted into the queue.

Thanks -- found it (See 4 below).

> 2) Queues usually have push()/pop() methods which insert/remove elements.
> The element at the front is usually accessed with a front() method.

Yes, this was just a snippet.

> type.  You will need to use Integers instead of ints.  If the assignment
> disallows use of Java's collections, then disregard this.

Yes, specified to do it from first principles.  Thanks for the tips, though.

> 4) I don't understand the use of 2 arrays. what is the where[] array for?

There is a method implemented later that removes a specific item from
the queue, but in order to run in O(lg n) time, it's necessary to keep
an index array.

> 5) Your primary problem here is this: scoping.  Take a look at your
> constructor for scoping issues.  Is a definition hiding another
> definition?

Yes -- I found that.  Cleared everything right up.  Thanks again!

--
www.rephil.org

"Trying to do something with your life is like
sitting down to eat a moose." --Douglas Wood