On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 02:58, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Is it just me or are inner-anonymous classes just hard to read?

Inner-anonymous classes can be hard to read.  But you avoid having an
extra source file that simply overrides one method on Authenticator.
Creating the class in-line lets you leave the source where it makes the
most sense and avoid having misc. classes clog your project.

> I believe this is an inner-anonymous class?
>
>   public PasswordAuthentication
>     getPasswordAuthentication() {
>       String username, password;
>
>       String result = JOptionPane.showInputDialog("Enter 'username,password'");
>
>       StringTokenizer st = new StringTokenizer(result, ",");
>       username = st.nextToken();
>       password = st.nextToken();
>
>       return new PasswordAuthentication(username, password);
>   }

Correct code would look like this:

Authenticator objAuthenticator = new Authenticator(){
	//Insert above code here
}

This produces an object of type Authenticator that has the method
getPasswordAuthentication() overridden.
--
David Hadley
http://www.applisaurus.com/