Quoting Mike Bresnahan (mbresnah at visi.com):
> This was asked recently on the TCJUG.  Noone offered a solution other than
> using JNI to call either getpass(3) or tcsetattr(2).  Me thinks the Java
> designers decided that terminal I/O was not part of the least common
> demoninator.

I've been messing around with the streams and experimenting with replacing
System.in, but I can't keep the keystrokes from appearing on the console.

getpass(3) or tcsetattr(2) Eeek! I don't think those will work under Losedows.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500