Quoting George Swan (g-swan at maroon.tc.umn.edu):
> >I have spent the last 2 days, 1 day each playing with Forte and JBuilder.
> >I'll write up my findings in another email.

> YES!  Once again, I'll say it (I think I mentioned it quite awhile ago):
> for someone like myself who would want to use Forte to learn java, this is
> infuriating.

Ahhh, IDEs make you stupid too :-) You don't learn how to do many things like
makefiles/build.xml files. But I guess to can look at it as they save you TIME
because you don't have learn those things too.

I'm leaning towards JBuilder just because Enhydra has a plugin called Kelp and
it make developing Enhydra applications easier within an IDE.

I'm pretty disappointed at the extendability of the IDEs. I have not been able
to find out how to do external commands. For instances, with a makefile you can
do this:

tags::
	etags `find . -name "*.java"`

I have not been able to find a why to do this simple little thing (or things
like it) in any of the IDEs.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500