On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 06:00:34AM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Anyone know how to get jikes and emacs to like each other?
>
> What I mean by this is, when I compile using Sun's jdk using emacs
> jde, the errors from the Sun jdk can be parsed by emacs and you can
> using the c-` to step to each error.
>
> The emacs/jde does not like jikes error messages.
>
> But jikes is sooo much faster, I'd really like to use it.

	jikes only problem, IMHO, is its IBMish error messages, and
IBMish options.  :-P Otherwise, jikes is wonderfully picky and wicked
fast.  I like it.

	You can get it to produce error messages that emacs likes with
'+E'.  'jikes --help' will tell you this.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God.
It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."  --- Thomas Jefferson