Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> writes:

> Quoting Jon Schewe (jpschewe at mtu.net):
> > JTest is for the monkey on the keyboard testing.  Just call every method you
> > have and see what breaks.  This is also useful because it catches cases you
> > missed with your unit tests.  Although I've found it tends to handle
> > interfaces and factory models poorly.
>
> Has your return on investment on JTest been good?
>
> I was quoted $7K for it, so I want to make sure I get $7K out of it. :-)

That's a ery good point.  I got a lot out of it to start with.  Not so much
now.  I've switched a lot of stuff over to a factory architecture, where
everything is interfaces and the actual implementations are package visible.
The previous versions of JTest haven't been able to test this properly and I
haven't had the time to check out the newest version yet.  I think it's great
for standard class testing though.  Kind of depends on what types of projects
you've got.

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe | jpschewe at mtu.net