> There's no reason that a single class can't do both the producing and
> consuming, but if you are dead set on <holy_music>Implementing A
> Pattern Based Solution</holy_music>, that simply won't be something you
> will think of.
>
> All I'm saying about patterns is that they are not a silver bullet.

Agreed.  Yeah!

I think the same about object orientation.  I see people applying it
blindly.  There attitude is "if its OO then its good".  They don't stop and
analyze the design based on actual software quality criteria.  OO is a tool
to produce quality software.  It is not a measure of software quality.  The
same goes for patterns.  Creating a plethora of data holder classes is a
great example of misapplied OO, but we've already been over that enough!

Anyway, I still think a design based on producer-consumer for the cyber cash
server is the way to go.

Mike