First:  >smack<  You're silly.

Now:

It's not a hack.  It's a valid way to provide assurance that an object
will have all methods required available.

Consider:

public interface MyFrameworkReadyObjectInterface
    extends Clonable, Comparable, Serializable

If there was only one place that needed both interfaces available, then
its over-designed, but if it happens all over the place, its a good
decision in favor of brevity and clarity.

Bill

--- Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote:
> Well, smack me and call me silly.

<snip/>