The Twin Cities System Administrators (TCSA) group meets monthly to
discuss topics of interest to system and network administrators in
the Twin Cities area of Minnesota.  The meetings are free and open to
the public.  Check out our web site at http://www.tcsa.org/

TCSA meetings are on the third Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm.

-----

Next Meeting:

  Topic:	Open Source IT Monitoring: Current State of the Art
  Speaker:	Peter Mui, GroundWork Open Source
  Date/Time:	July 19, 2007  7:00 pm
  Location:	France Place Main Floor Conference Room

Synopsis:

  An interactive discussion on the current state of open source
  monitoring tools: what's out there and what it does: Nagios, Cacti,
  RRDtool, Ganglia, Splunk, Zenoss, Hyperic, etc.  We'll also discuss
  what we've learned through the BayLISA Monitoring SIG and its efforts
  to document and disseminate best practices in IT monitoring
  regardless of specific tools.

  Come prepared to discuss the current state of your monitoring (even
  if that's "nonexistent"), and with your questions and experiences to
  share with others.  We'll gather feedback from the audience on what
  upcoming features they want to see in monitoring tools.

About the Speaker:

  Peter Mui is the Manager of Open Source Strategy and Community at
  GroundWork Open Source, a San Francisco-based start up that unifies
  popular open source IT monitoring tools through a single UI into a
  comprehensive solution.  He also runs the Monitoring SIG of BayLISA,
  the SF Bay Area chapter of Large Installation System Administrators.
  Prior to GroundWork Open Source, Peter has worked for the USENIX
  Association on conference promotion and was an editor and Manager of
  the International Division of O'Reilly & Associates (now O'Reilly
  Media.)

  Main Floor Conference Room
  France Place
  3601 Minnesota Drive
  Bloomington, MN 55435

Tentative Meeting Schedule

  August 16, 2007
  September 20, 2007

Directions:

  The France Place Building is at 3601 Minnesota Drive on the
  northeast corner of Hwy 494 and France Avenue in the Bloomington
  business district.

  From 494, go north on France Ave. to Minnesota Drive (the first
  streetlight north of 494).  Take a right (east) onto Minnesota
  Drive and immediately take another right into the parking lot.
  The building sign is visible from 494 and shares a parking lot
  with Fuddruckers.  France Place is a nine story brown brick
  building.

- Parking

  Free parking is available in the main lot.

- Web map is at:

  http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=3601+minnesota+drive&city=bloomington&state=mn&zipcode=55435

For more information on TCSA, check out our web site:

  http://www.tcsa.org/

To subscribe to the TCSA or TCSA-JOBS mailing lists, follow the TCSA
or TCSA-JOBS link from:

  http://list.onvoy.com/

For any other information, please send email to:

  djb at umn.edu

or contact:

  Dave Bianchi	651-260-1770

--