The next TCLUG meeting is tonight!

 Date: Wed, Aug 8th
 Time: 6:30 - 8:00
 University of Minnesota Minneapolis campus, EE/CSci Building , Room: 3-230
 200 Union St SE, Minneapolis 55455

Note: We've lined up an interesting presentation for this month, from a TCLUG
member (details below).  The previously-announced Virtualization topic has
been pushed out to September, where we will cover it in more detail and with
more preparation.

 Topics:
        Brief intro to virtualization (5-10 minutes)
        Main presentation
                "Using Open Source Tools for Regulatory Compliance,
                And how to make your auditors accept it."
                Jeremiah Cruit-Salzberg, Design Engineer, AT&T
        General Q&A and discussion
                As time may permit
        Adjourn to local restaurant or coffee shop

--------  Presentation Detail --------

Using Open Source Tools for Regulatory Compliance
And how to make your auditors accept it

Many open source tools are available to assist in meeting many different
regulatory compliance objectives including ones for PCI, SOX, and HIPAA.
One of the major issues with using open source tools comes with
acceptance from internal and external auditing teams. Most of these
issues can be overcome with detailed documentation but for each tool
discussed a solution for how we justified it to our auditors will be
discussed as well. Working with your auditors to verify tools and
methodologies used whether open source or not is a key element to
success in passing audits and depending on your auditors they may be
more or less accepting of open source.

*Jeremiah Cruit-Salzberg*
Design Engineer, AT&T

Jeremiah Cruit has been working in networking and computer security for
the past 14 years. He started working with Linux and open source
technologies 8 years ago and has been an advocate ever since. Jeremiah
currently works at AT&T as a Design Engineer creating and managing
network and security architecture for fortune 50 customers. Current
certifications include CISSP, CCNP, JNCIA, RCSE (RSA), SCI (Sidewinder),
and others.