The next meeting of the Minnesota VERITAS Users Group is Friday, June 11,
2004 from 11:30am until 12:30pm at the Roseville VERITAS facility.
Directions to this facility are listed at the end.

The Minnesota VERITAS Users Group (MNVUG) is for anyone who uses VERITAS
technology on the job.  All end-users, system administrators and
consultants are welcome to join.  We meet to exchange ideas, see real world
examples of VERITAS products, learn about the latest developments and share
ideas.

All of the VERITAS products are represented, from VCS to Netbackup to VxVM.
Group members have experience at varying levels, from large enterprise
environments to smaller shops.

This time around there won't be any formal presentations, but we will have
in-depth technical discussions on a couple of topics.  Topics for this
meeting will be:

* Lunch!  Thanks to VERITAS, we'll have lunch provided.

PLEASE RESPOND TO ME IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING SO WE HAVE AN APPROXIMATE
COUNT.  THANKS!

* Technical discussion about Netbackup in the SAN Environment.  This is a
good time to bring your most technical questions or problems relating to
Netbackup in a SAN environment to the group - who knows, maybe someone else
has solved your problem!  We'll have a couple of engineers from VERITAS and
possibly from Datalink available to help solve anything we can't do as a
group.  There's nothing better than free advice especially when it's good!

* A second technical discussion (if time allows) on VxVM, VxFS and SAN Tips
and Tricks.  This will be a time for folks to exchange tips and tricks with
the rest of the group.  If there aren't any tips or tricks then I might be
able to come up with some of my own to share.  But I'll bet someone has at
least one tip or trick.  ;^)

NOTE!

Please send your questions and problems for BOTH topics to me
<blayne at puklich.com> so I can prepare a list of things to discuss ahead of
time.  I'll accept these even if you can't attend the meeting and return
the answer to you.  See you all next week!  Thanks!

The Veritas Roseville Facility is located at:

2815 Cleveland Avenue
Roseville, MN
651-746-7000

>From 694:

Exit south 35W, follow towards downtown Minneapolis
Take County D exit
Turn left, crossing over 35W
Turn right on Cleveland Ave south
Turn right into 2815 Cleveland Ave parking lot

>From downtown Minneapolis:

Take 35W north out of downtown
Exit Cleveland Ave/County C
Keep left at the fork in the ramp
Turn left on Cleveland Ave
Turn left into 2815 Cleveland Ave parking lot

---
Blayne Puklich             Minneapolis, MN       PGP Key ID: 0xC52CA6C1
* mailto:blayne at puklich.com                    * Pager: 888/437-8109
         I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.